The recent addition of Legionella risk prevention measures to CMS site inspections of hospitals and long term care facilities, based on guidance from ASHRAE 188, will increase the focus of infection control personnel and facilities engineers across the industry. This mandate from CMS will ensure that every medical facility has an appropriate water management plan to protect patients and staff from the risks of waterborne pathogens.
Longer product life reduces the annual cost of ownership:
- The DSU-H and HydraGuard ultrafilters are FDA cleared for up to 180 days.
- The S100 Point of Use and the SSU-H ultrafilter is FDA cleared for up to 90 days
- Reduced replacement frequency:
- Reduces foot traffic in high-risk areas (ie. ICU, NICU, Burn, Transplant, etc.)
- Reduces labor costs for replacements
- Reduces waste and shipping